The Estimator – Sales position is responsible for qualification and selection of incoming leads, customer contact, and preparation of detailed estimates and submission of proposals to contractors and owners. Follow-up of every proposal involves customer contact, logging, scope review, negotiations, and a goal of agreement leading to execution of contracts. Job setup, (conversion) is computer processed followed by pre-construction meetings and hand-off of the project to a Project Manager for completion of the project.
Pro-Spec Painting Corporation receives numerous high qualities leads each day from a variety of sources for commercial painting, repainting, sandblasting, coatings, linings, and lead hazard painting work. The Estimator selects bid opportunities based on a set criteria and logs the target opportunity to HubSpot CMS for tracking.
The Estimator reviews the customer’s needs, downloads bidding documents, and sets up the estimate and prepares a preliminary scope of work. Detailed estimates are then prepared by performing on-site quantity takeoffs, or computer-based takeoffs, using on-screen takeoff software, eTakeoff. The Estimator reviews all of the requirements such as temporary conditions, access to the work, protection of areas, surface preparation, and application of paints and coatings as well as close out of the project utilizing estimating software, Sage 100 Contractor – Estimating & Scheduling.
The Estimator prepares proposals from a variety of templates suitable to the type of work that includes general requirements, construction and painting industry standards, schedule and proposed costs.
The Estimator must stay in communication with the prospect, followup other needs, log progress, and negotiate a final scope of work, and price with the end goal a mutual agreement and contract.
Target Region: NJ PA DE
Target Job Size: $100,000 – 750,000.00
Target Annual Sales: $1,000,000.00 – 1,500,000.00
- Evaluate and select bidding opportunities.
- Setup estimates, HubSpot CMS, eTakeoff Software, Sage 100 Contractor Estimating & Scheduling.
- Establish accurate scope of work and perform takeoffs.
- Use of eTakeoff Dimension for construction plans.
- Attend site meetings and perform on-site takeoffs of buildings and structures.
- Generate estimated costs using Sage 100 Contractor Estimating.
- Apply assemblies, material, equipment, and subcontractors to quantities.
- Create request for proposals, budgets, purchase orders, and proposals.
- Submit bids to owners and contractors, track in HubSpot CRM.
- Negotiate final scope of work, pricing, scheduling, and generate trust and agreement.
- Perform conversion of estimate and work with project management and team for a successful and profitable project.
- 5 years construction and painting estimating experience.
- 3 years computer takeoff experience with eTakeoff or similar software.
- 3 years Sage 100 Contractor – Estimating and Project Management or similar software.
- Good character, strong work ethic, with neat clean appearance.
- Clean Driving Record and License
- Employment Background Check
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Full-time – Monday – Friday – Day Shift
- Partial Remote
$65,000 – $75,000 Annual Salary & Commission
- Excellent Salary/Wages
- Paid Holidays & Time Off
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Group Health Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
If you do not have the minimum experience required for this position, we have other positions such as Sales Estimator that you may qualify for. Please visit www.pro-spec.com/careers for more information.
All inquiries are strictly confidential.