Job Title: Painter Apprentice
Type: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Are you ready to earn while you learn a trade with the potential to develop into a high-paying career? If you enjoy physical labor, can adapt to seasonal temperatures, and are interested in working on various construction and painting projects, consider joining our team as a Painter Apprentice.
About the Program
Our Painter Apprentice program, registered with the US/NJ Bureau of Apprenticeship & Training, combines paid on-the-job training with classroom instruction, preparing you for a highly skilled career in the painting industry. As an Apprentice, you’ll gain valuable workplace experience and develop new skills and credentials. According to the US Department of Labor, 94% of apprentices who complete an apprenticeship retain employment, with an average annual salary of $70,000.
Our three-year program allows you to earn as you learn, with wage increases as you develop new skills. You’ll complete 140 hours of classroom or online training annually. Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you’re guaranteed the Painter Journeyman wage.
As a Painter Apprentice, you’ll be trained and developed into a skilled painter, working on the interior and exterior of structures, buildings, and other surfaces. You’ll learn to select the right materials, use various tools, and observe all safety measures while working at different heights and spaces.
On the Job Training
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding and covering fixtures
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, sanding, and removing old paint
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate materials
- Mix paint and other materials to achieve the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Follow and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Good character and strong work ethic
- Commitment to learning a trade and advancing your career
- Clean, neat appearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clean driver’s license
- Own vehicle to report to job site each day
- Ability to lift 25-75 lbs., move/use ladders, and operate power equipment daily
- Full-time, 8 Hour Day Shift
1st 1000 hours = $16.90
2nd 1000 hours = $18.20
3rd 1000 hours = $19.50
4th 1000 hours = $20.80
5th 1000 hours = $22.10
6th 1000 hours = $24.70
Based on Journeyman Commercial Painter Hourly Rate: $26.00
Credit for prior hours worked and trade experience will be considered. Prevailing wage rates are paid at a higher rate when applicable.
- Excellent Salary/Wages
- Paid Holidays & Time Off
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Group Health Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
- On the Job Training & Certification
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter with the subject line “Painter Apprentice Application.” Tell us about your education, employment experience, what sets you apart from others, and why you believe this is the right career opportunity for you.
Learn more about a career in construction through the following resources: