About the Program
Jump Start Your Career Through Apprenticeship and join our team by applying for a Painter Apprentice position that combines paid on-the-job training with classroom instruction to prepare workers for highly skilled careers.
Our Apprentice Program is registered with the US/NJ Bureau of Apprenticeship & Training. You will obtain paid, relevant workplace experience while acquiring the skills and credentials. According to the US Department of Labor, 94% of apprentices who complete an apprenticeship retain employment, with an average annual salary of $70,000.
The Painter Apprentice is a three-year program. You will earn as you learn with wage increases as you develop new skills. As an Apprentice Painter you will also complete 140 hours of classroom or online training annually. The Painter Apprenticeship is a three-year program and guarantees that you will earn the Painter Journeyman wage after you have completed your apprenticeship.
Apprentice Painters will be trained and developed into skilled Painters to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings, and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
On the Job Training
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Good character and strong work ethic.
- Commitment to learn a trade and advance your career.
- Clean neat appearance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Clean Driver’s License
- Own vehicle to report to job site each day.
- Ability to lift 25 – 75 lbs., move/use ladders, and power equipment daily.
- Full-time, 8 Hour Day Shift
Minimum Base Wage
1st 1000 hours =$13.00
2nd 1000 hours =$15.60
3rd 1000 hours =$16.00
4th 1000 hours =$18.20
5th 1000 hours = $20.80
6th 1000 hours = $23.40
Credit for prior hours worked and trade experience shall be considered.
Prevailing wage rates are paid at a higher rate when applicable.
- Excellent Salary/Wages
- Paid Holidays & Time Off
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan
- Group Health Plan
- Advancement Opportunities
- On the Job Training & Certification
You can learn more about a career in construction at the links below. If you feel this position is what you have been looking for, please apply and tell us about your education, employment experience, what sets you apart from others, and the reasons you feel this may be a career opportunity for you.